Once you login to the web portal you can access the content management section from the navigation menu.
The content management section/ Asset Library consists of:
- Categories. You can create new categories or update the existing ones.
- Assets. You can add your assets to the categories or update the existing ones.
The CMS library works as a central repository. You setup your categories and add your assets. Then you have to setup your application’s library and feed it with assets from the CMS library.
In other words, you can choose which of your CMS assets will be visible in your application.
You can set as many categories as you like in your library. The categories will be visible in the left side of your library.
- To add a category you first have to choose where you want to place the category.
If for example you want to create an independent category click on the first folder at the top of the left side bar.
If you want to place it as a sub-category into the library, you have to click on the “Library” category on the left side bar.
- Then click on the “Add Category” button. The system will create a new category under the library one.
You can add assets to the category straight away or click done and add them later on.
- If you click on the + to add assets the system will automatically create your category and direct you to the Add Asset section.
- Alternatively click on the “Add Asset” button and you will be landed on the Add Asset section.
- Fill out all the information for your asset and click “Done” to finalize the process.
- You can delete an asset by clicking on the “Delete Asset” button.
Display Settings And Permissions Section
You can define if the asset will be sharable or downloadable!
Add Assets to your application
To add assets to your Application you have to connect your app’s library with the CMS library.
- As a first step you have to access the Application Content Management section from the main navigation menu.
- Then you have to select your application and setup the names of your event’s library categories.
There are some default active categories for each event. You can:
- Rearrange their order (Just drag & drop)
Choose your application’s category.
i.e. “ePortfolio” from your Tech event 2018 app.
- Update the Title (i.e. Change to “Presentations”)
- Connect with a CMS’s library category (i.e. the “New Category” that we created earlier.)
- You can also select how the assets will be displayed (Custom, Pods, Assets)